Coronavirus business support grants: national restrictions in Leeds
Businesses required to close due to the government’s national lockdown national restrictions in Leeds from 5 November to 2 December 2020 can now apply for support online.
To be eligible for this grant, your business must:
- be in Leeds
- have been open as usual before the national restrictions were introduced
- have been providing services in person to customers on the premises
- be required to close on 5 November by the national restrictions (you may still qualify if you now offer takeaway or click and collect instead)
- have been registered as the occupier for business rates on 5 November 2020
Your business will not qualify for support under this scheme if it was in administration, insolvent or a striking off order was in place at the time the restrictions started.
Businesses required to close
To be eligible for this support grant, your business must have been required to close, or remain closed, by the restrictions.
Shops, pubs, bars and restaurants that were required to close on 5 November but now offer takeaway, click and collect or delivery can also apply for this grant.
Businesses required to close under the national restrictions are:
- all non-essential retail
- indoor and outdoor leisure facilities
- entertainment venues
- personal care facilities
- hospitality venues
- accommodation providers
Businesses required to remain closed under national restrictions are:
- sexual entertainment venues and hostess bars
You can find a more detailed list of the businesses required to close on GOV.UK.
Please refer to the online guidance for details.
How much you will get
The amount you get depends on the rateable value of your premises.
You can find the rateable value on your latest business rates bill.
If your application is successful, you will get a single fixed amount grant to cover the 4 week period of national restrictions.
Rateable value and grant support amount
|Rateable value of premises
|£15,000 or under
|£15,001 to £50,999
|£51,000 or over
If your business usually trades from multiple premises, you will need to apply separately for each one.
How to apply
What you will need
To complete the online application form you will need:
- your business rates reference number, for example 90123456X
- the name registered on your business rates or non-domestic rates account
- your company registration number or VAT registration number (if you have one)
- your national insurance number (if you are not a limited company or VAT registered)
- your business bank account details
- a scan or photo of your most recent bank statement
- a scan or photo of your passport or driving licence